Thursday, 23 March 2017

Parliament Attack: 7 Arrested In Overnight Raids As Police Investigate Terror Attack

Police arrested seven people they believe to have a connection to the horrifying terror attack at the Parliament in London on March 22. The arrests were made after raids at six different addresses overnight on March 23.

Three are dead and 29 were left injured after a terrorist attack in London on March 22. Police gunned down the suspect after he fatally stabbed a policeman, and hours later, seven more people were arrested in the follow-up investigation, a counter-terror police officer confirmed on March 23.

Officials raided six different addresses in making the arrests, and the investigation is continuing throughout the country.

The victims of this tragedy include a woman, Aysha Frade, in her mid-40s, who was reportedly heading to pick up her kids at school when she was killed, a man in his mid-50s and the police officer outside Parliament. Seven of the injured are still in critical condition and being treated at the hospital.

The suspect started his attack by mowing down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge with a car, then attempted to make his way into the House of Parliament with a knife. He was shot dead by police at the scene. “It is still our belief — which continues to be borne out by our investigation — that this attacker acted alone yesterday and was inspired by international terrorism,” officer Mark Rowley confirmed. “to be explicit, at this stage, we have no specific information about further threats to the public.”

The attacker has not been identified, although he was at first mistakenly named as Abu Izzadeen. Abu is an Islamic extremist who has previously been convicted of inciting terror, but he is currently still serving time in prison for past crimes and is not known to be involved in this attack.

Readers, leave your thoughts for the victims of this tragedy in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates